From the Dan Ryan Expressway, use exit 60B – (76th Street), head east on 76th street until you reach Vernon Ave. (440E) and you will have arrived.
From the Dan Ryan Expressway exit 60C – (79th Street), head east on 79th street until you reach Vernon Ave (440E) and you will have arrived.
The Metra Electric District (ME) line of Chicago’s Metra commuter rail serves Chatham Center Chicago. Stations include 79th Street, (Chatham) & 75th Street (Grand Crossing).
By CTA Train – Chatham Center Chicago is served by the following CTA Train and Bus Lines:
- Red Line 79th Street Station- transfer to #79 – 79th Street East Bus Line Green Line 63rd Street Station – Cottage Grove – transfer to #4 Cottage Grove South Bus Line
- By CTA Bus – Chatham Center Chicago is served by the following CTA Bus Lines:
- #3 – King Drive
- #4 – Cottage Grove
- #30 – South Chicago
- #75 – 74th -75th
- #79 – 79th
- View Schedules at the CTA Website
Download Routes map from nearby communities PDF
By DIVVY – Chatham Center Chicago is also serviced by the City of Chicago’s Divvy bike sharing program where a 24-hour pass costs $9.95/day.
Greater Chatham DIVVY Locations;
- State Street & 75th
- Vernon Ave. & 75th
- Evans Ave. & 75th
- Woodlawn Ave. & 75th
- Cottage Grove & 78th
- State St. & 79th
- Vernon Ave. & 79th
- Greenwood Ave. & 79th
- Wabash Ave. & 83rd Street
- MLK Jr. Drive & 83rd Street
- Cottage Grove Ave. & 83rdStreet
- Ellis Ave. & 83rd Street
- Stony Island & 83rd Street
- Stony Island & South Chicago